- Acted as lead counsel to a multinational electronics company in the restructuring of its core businesses across 11 jurisdictions in the ASEAN-Pacific region, including countries within the R&T regional network such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Acted as legal counsel to a global leader in beverage alcohol in providing regulatory advice across the ASEAN region, including Myanmar, Malaysia and Vietnam.
- Acted as legal counsel to a leading transportation booking platform provider in providing regulatory advice in Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Foreign Investment Approvals
Some significant transactions that we have worked on recently include:
- Assisted a prominent US based venture capital fund on due diligence across 4 regions in South East Asia in connection with its investment in a leading smartphone booking platform for private transportation
- Advised the investment arm of a top five Japanese trading house in its investment and joint venture to develop a technology park in the Iskandar region of Malaysia
- Advising a leading solar leasing company in respect of its group restructuring and cross border joint ventures across the ASEAN region
- Advised the investment arm of Singapore headquartered on-line gaming company on various investments in Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam
- Acted for the venture capital arm of a German based technology company in its investment into a Singapore headquarter e-commerce company with operations in Indonesia.
- Assisting a leading private equity infrastructure fund on its joint venture investment in a Singapore- based telecoms infrastructure provider.
- Advised a Singapore listed water solutions provider on various joint venture arrangements in the water and waste solutions industry.
We were involved in drafting and advising on various commercial agreements in connection, notably:
- a 21-year master contract (with anticipated revenues of over S$1 billion) with Singapore Sports Hub to operate premium restaurants, F&B outlets and a central kitchen at the upcoming integrated multi-purpose stadium and aquatic arena at Kallang.
- drafting and negotiation of outsourcing contracts, warehousing and logistics agreements, clinical trial agreements, and software development agreements for a multinational healthcare company.
- drafting and negotiation of a services agreement and collaboration agreement between a Singapore based leading exhibition organiser in connection with the hosting of events in Indonesia.
Click here to go back to Overview of General Corporate Commercial Practice