Khanti joined the firm in 2011, experiencing in the practice area of general corporate and commercial law in Lao PDR. His experience includes foreign direct investments, establishment of businesses, merger & acquisition, joint venture, employment, general corporate compliance and banking and finance.
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Banking and Finance
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- General Corporate and Commercial Law
- Employment and Labour
His notable cases/transactions includes:
- Advised Abacus International Pte Ltd for establishment of a joint venture in Lao PDR between Abacus International and Lao Airlines State Enterprise.
- Advised LCD (Indochina) Pte Ltd of Singapore on acquisition of shares of Gateway Enterprise Co., Ltd, residential apartment service and operator in Lao PDR.
- Undertake due diligence for issuance of legal opinion on Hoang Anh Attapeu Agriculture Co. Ltd’s facility agreement.
- Advised Hoang Anh Attapeu Electric Co., Ltd, subsidiary of Hoang Anh Hydropower Joint Stock Company, on project financing transaction involving a credit facilities secured by Laos assets.
- Advised and represent North Nong Chanh Complex Development Co., Ltd, real estate developer, investment of Yunnan Construction Engineering Group Co., Ltd, on matters arising from concession agreement, corporate documents, contract administration, law compliance, licensing and regulatory compliance of investment project in Nong Chanh area, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
- Advised and issue legal opinion on Lao Taixing Mining Co., Ltd for its project financing transaction.
- Advised Nam Mang 1 Power Co., Ltd., Hydropower Company, on project financing transaction.
- Advised Mitsubishi Material Corporation on establishment of a company and electronic devices factory in Vientiane Specific Economic Zone.
- Advising Nam Tha 1 Hydropower Project on project financing transaction.
- Advising Samsung Electronics (Thailand) on Lao laws and regulations related to the distribution of mobile applications within Laos.
- Advising Embassy of Japan to Lao PDR for its normal business, employment and compliance.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Lao BAR Association